Last modified: March 09, 2022
Thus, this policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic communications between you and the Website.
However, it does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by TEL or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Collecting and Using Your Information
Types of Data Collected
To start, we collect several types of information from and about users of our Website. For instance, this info includes the following:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Information that is about you, but does not personally identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
How We Collect Information
Next, we collect information from and about users of our Website. To explain, here is how we collect info:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. We may collect info automatically like usage details, IP addresses, and information collected. Further, we collect this info through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
Also, we collect information on or through our Website that you provide to us. Specifically, info you may provide us includes the following:
- Info that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. For example, this includes information that you provide at the time of subscribing to our newsletter, applying for a job, or requesting more information regarding our services. Also, we may ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information. In general, it collects info about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. To be specific, this info includes the following:
- Details of your visits to our Website. For instance, this includes traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data. Also, we collect data about the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. But we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. Specifically, this info enables us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Website and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). For example, these permit TEL to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics. To explain, these may include recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity.
Use of Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us. For instance, we use personal information to:
- Present and maintain our Website, including its contents.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer. These are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- Notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- For any other purposes with your consent. Or in any other ways we may describe when you provide the information.
Also, we may use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may interest you. If you do not want us to use your info in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your information. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TEL’s assets. This could be as a going concern. Or it could be part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. To be specific, this includes personal info held by TEL about our Website users that is among the assets transferred.
- Fulfill the purpose for which you provided it.
- For any other purpose disclosed when you provided the information.
Plus, we may disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TEL, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging info with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Also, the Company will retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. In general, we retain usage data for a shorter period of time. However, ew may retain it longer when this data strengthens the security or improves the functionality of our Website. Or if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your information is important to us. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Thus, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Ultimately, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. So, we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out. To do this, check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. Or you can do this at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to TEL as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
Finally, third party service provides that support our business may have access to your personal information. For more information on what third party service providers we use, how they may use your information and how to opt out of their data collection and/or use, see Third Party Service Providers below.
Accessing, Correcting or Deleting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. But, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. Therefore, we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Third Party Service Providers
In short, the service providers we use to support our business use may have access to your personal information. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process, and transfer information about your activity on our Website in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the use of our Website. To explain, Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. As a result, this data is shared with other Google services. Thus, Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
In addition, we may use your personal information to contact you. Specifically, we may contact you through newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. However, you may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us. To do this, follow the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Further, these third-party vendors collect, store, use, process, and transfer information about your activity on our Website in accordance with their Privacy Policies to enable us to:
- Measure and analyze traffic and browsing activity on our Website.
- Show advertisements for our products and/or services to you on third-party websites or apps.
- Measure and analyze the performance of our advertising campaigns.
Still, some of these third-party vendors may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Also, your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. You can use the following third-party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving your interest-based advertising:
You may opt-out of all personalized advertising. To do this, enable privacy features on your mobile device. For example, some features are Limit Ad Tracking (iOS) and Opt Out of Ads Personalization (Android). See your mobile device help system for more information.
To be specific, the third-party vendors we use are:
Google Ads (AdWords)
Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
Also, Google recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. To explain, this add-on prevents Google Analytics from collecting and using visitors’ data.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Meta Platforms, Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page.
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook.
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. Or you can opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
In short, our Website is not intended for anyone under the age of 13. Thus, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
Overall, we have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.
If you have any questions about this policy or our privacy practices, contact us:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By visiting this page on our website.